I’m speaking at the Relevant 2010 Conference next week. I’ll be around a lot of people I’ve never met and I don’t talk a lot, so here is my cheat sheet for those wanting to get to know me:
- I’m five feet tall.
- I’m not shy or stuck up. I’m quiet.
- Don’t ask me where I’m from. It’s a long story that starts with my mom being a gypsy, has 11 foster homes in there somewhere and ends up with me saying: ‘I was born in Utah, but never lived there. I’ve lived everywhere, but nowhere long enough to dig in roots. I don’t think I want roots, maybe too much of my mom in me. So, yeah, I’m not really from anywhere, but I live in Missouri for now.’
- You should know why I write.
- I like to have the kind of conversations you need to take your shoes off for.
- I clip coupons and forget that I have them.
- I have four little girls and they’re my favorite part about me.
- I’m misunderstood often enough to keep my walls up until I know you ‘get me.’
- I have four tattoos.
- Humor is the key.
If you don’t usually fit in, if you’re quirky and/or if you have a ‘past’, come find me.