This week I’ll be exploring some scriptures which seem to contradict themselves. It should be fun. Especially if we let scripture explain scripture instead of letting doctrine explain scripture. (Not that doctrine is bad, but I’m not a fan of believing what I’m told to believe if I’m getting something else from scripture.)
So, I need your help. Will you answer these questions out of your existing belief? We’ll explore them and compare them to what the Bible says. If you want to throw your own scriptural support in, that’s great. I’ll refer to them as I prepare the Bible study for this week.
- 1.) Is it true that some people will not ‘choose Christ’?
- 2.) How do you ‘choose Christ’?
- 3.) If God has ‘given you to Jesus’, can you reject it?
- 4.) Is it possible to not believe something that you believe? (If you believe that the grass is green, can you be convinced otherwise? etc…)
- 5.) Does Christ’s sacrifice cover every sin?
- 6.) Is there more than one Truth?
- 7.) Can you guess which fourth grader is me?
- April guessed it! (I’ll think of your prize later. ;))